Wednesday 27 April 2016

A to Z Challenge: C is for Cuteness Overload

I've always maintained that Atman (my younger brother) is like my first child. When at the age of 10 I learnt that he was going to be born, I was not very thrilled. I took great pride in being an only child and loved all the attention. And I was in no mood to share it with anyone.

When Atman was born more than a month premature, he was all of 1700 grams (around 3.8 pounds) and looked like a shriveled little grey musk shrew or like the then prime minister of India, Mr. P.V. Narasimharao. I can best describe my feeling when I first saw him as yucky!

But then he grew up a little bit and got really cute. the wrinkles disappeared, his colour turned pink, and he learnt to make the most adorable baby faces. 

As the years passed by, his cuteness was visible through the sweet little stupid things that he did like once publicly averring that Akhil bhai wanted him taken away from home because he (Atman) had seen his (Akhil bhai's) bottom when he was sleeping, or blackmailing Nachiket and me when he caught us watching 'The Popoye Show' (if you know what I mean) on Nachiket's computer, or standing up to his class teacher when she tried to hit him for no reason.

Then puberty hit and Atman discovered the joys of playing music and becoming a wise ass (the other pleasures he refrains from discussing with me). His cuteness now shows in the music videos he makes and the hilarious punny jokes that he cracks round the clock.

Beckett's cuteness in stark contrast to Atman's is visual in nature. She has a captivating stare and a flair for being unbelievably photogenic. She charms her way to what she wants. I can't wait to see how her cuteness unfolds as the years roll by.

No comments:

Post a Comment