Thursday 24 March 2016

The Pansy

Becoming a father has turned me into a Pansy. 

I used to be someone who had learnt not to give a F*** about the world. I was just able to dissociate from all the tragedies / misfortunes of human kind, accept them as a matter of fact, destiny, or not in my backyard not my problem, turn away from them, and go on living my life. 

Having a child completely changes this indifference. The Brussels attacks, or the JNU controversy, or the Deonar fire now matter. But what has also started mattering is things like 8 puppies killed by annoyed woman, and 35 year old bank employee knocked down by train dies.

I almost teared up reading these things, last week my eyes watered when I happened to watch just one scene from KKKG

WTF is wrong with me? I wasn't like this. I can't even use hormones or mood swings or PPD as excuses because unlike Missus, I've not done any of the heavy lifting that she has and is still doing. 

I need to stop reading Times of India during lunch or find some other way to keep my devilish mind productively occupied.

In other news, Beckett and Missus are visiting Naana & Naani (maternal grandparents) over the long Holi, Good Friday, Easter weekend.

Happy Holi everyone and Condolences on Good Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment