Thursday 25 June 2015

Week 1

What she learnt:

1. To suckle
2. To have food without throwing up
3. What a  bath and massage feel like
4. What the baansuri (bamboo flute) sounds like
5. What sunlight looks and feels like
6. How to cry like a banshee and get everybody's attention
7. Dad's arms are the safest and most comfortable place in the world

What I learnt:

1. Infants are born with more than a dozen genetically programmed reflexes
2. The amount of physical trauma and damage that mothers undergo during and after childbirth is simply heart breaking
3. Infants might look extremely delicate and fragile, but are tough cookies
4. What dogged, single minded, relentless focus on a goal (food) looks like
5. Everything I've done till date was a cake walk
6. Sleep is a thing of the past
7. Soiled, smelly nappies, and cleaning them isn't as deadly as I thought it would be. (Achievement unlocked) !   

P.S: A big Thank you to The Status message girl for giving Aarvi her first song (I hope you dance) and to The Sadist for reminding me what parenthood is supposed to be and to Aarjav for giving me the best practical advice on how to get through this period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment