Saturday 13 June 2015

Possimpible

Growing up, I never visualized myself ever becoming a father. I always dreamed of finding a beautiful woman and spending the rest of my life with her. And that was it. Like the fairy tales, my thing ended at the Happily Ever After. I could never imagine growing up.

The process of becoming a father is changing this. I now worry about someone other than myself. I now wonder what the best school will be, or if home schooling may be a better option (I've always thought that school is a colossal waste of time and potential). I now think of what books I should be reading out to the kid and when is a good time to introduce him / her to Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. I now think of which musical instrument will he or she want to play and what sport will be best for him or her. I now think of what should be on the playlist and what cartoons will he or she love watching.

I can now imagine my child holding my finger while learning to navigate this big bad world, I can see him or her clinging on to my leg when scared, I can see him or her giving me a warm hug on graduation day, and I can see him or her crying inconsolably at my pyre.

The thing about bringing a child in this world is that one is creating possibilities; possibilities that one never thought existed; both for the child and for those raising that child. While I shape the future of my child, try my best to equip him or her in his or her pursuit of happiness and purpose, the child will do the same for me.

I can't wait for my baby to be here. He / she has an amazing set of people waiting to take care of him / her. The Possimpible is waiting to happen.

Wait, where did that grey hair come from? This is f***ing not happening to me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment