Monday 18 May 2015

Trial run reality check

Have you ever wondered how the child birth (the actual delivery process) is initiated? My theory is that either one of two things happen.

1. The child doesn't have any more room to grow or maneuver and hence is forced to come out

2. Children like me would've just got bored and said 'I'm out of here' and pushed.

My brother in law (Missus's brother) and his wife too were expecting and yesterday began with a bang! News poured in that Geeta (Sis in Law) has gone into labour. And by the time we could come to grip with what is going on - Father in law got emotional since this was one month pre-mature, Bro in Law was still in Saudi Arabia since this was one month pre-mature, Stem cell collection decisions were not yet taken since this was one month pre-mature, Travel itineraries were to be hastily made since this was one month pre-mature- the kid was out. 

This is when it struck me that I'me very likely to be in this situation about 30 to 45 days from now. And as grateful as I'm for a trial run reality check, I was freaking out.

But then this happened (What would we do without Whatsapp and wireless internet) and fear was literally engorged by wonder and amazement. 2.9 kg, angelic, and absolutely healthy.

  My new born niece next to her mother

We are now in the home stretch and things are getting crazy. 

Here's to creating more chaos and making order out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment