Saturday 18 April 2015

Cravings

The Missus craves Chinese food. And Chocolate. And Pizza.

I find it difficult to fathom because normally she is extremely impervious to the desires of the palate and very particular about what she eats.

It seems that the baby craves Chinese food and it seems chocolate is good for health and it seems that Pizza will provide the extra fat cover that the placenta needs. Ya Right!

I would be alright with these random cravings had it not been for two things. The first is my own physical well being and the second is the biggest, most deep rooted fear that I have.

It is not enough if hubby feeds wifey. Hubby needs to join in. Someone please hand me a copy of the rule book; I want to know what clause and which page number says so! My knee injury has ensured that I get very little exercise. And during the normal course of life, it takes tremendous self control on my part to say no to the unhealthy indulgences that try to seduce me on a daily basis. This is like letting loose a bull in the China shop. So yours truly has ballooned up again.

The second thing that I'm petrified of is every man's biggest fear. First let me set the context. Missus is 5 '7, an ex national level athlete, a regular swimmer, a fitness freak, and Katie Holmes looks a bit like her. Till now, while Missus was gaining weight, it all seemed to go to the baby. It is now finding its way to the unflattering places.

Again, let me bring some perspective. Missus still looks absolutely stunning in the 7th month. It is the anxious husband who is unwilling to let go of his playful youth that is having trouble accepting the changes that are happening to her body.

But one thing I'm extremely determined on achieving is to ensure that the new arrival adds to the wonderfully active and experementative life that we've made for ourselves and not used as an excuse to give up any of the things that Nidhi and I love.

So from today, back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment