Thursday 12 January 2017

Blabbermouth person

Beckett is now a person.

She answers questions that my mother asks me during our video calls (like 'ketla vagya?' (what's the time?) and before I can answer, pat comes the reply. 'Chaar vagya' (it's 4 o clock)). She asks my mother to cover up Mickey Mouse because he is feeling cold. Today she offered me 'Nana ni Dava' (grandfather's medicine) and told me 'Patang chagavvani vaar che' (It's not yet time to fly kites). 

Of course her palette still needs practice and clarity. But she is learning at such an astounding rate.

On a completely different note, the book 'Between Parent and Child' by Haim Ginott should be mandatory reading for the entire human race. Not just for parents, but for the whole of humanity. Am reading it and have benefitted from it tremendously with all my relationships - professional and personal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment