Sunday 13 November 2016

Long distance Pappa

Beckett, Missus, Baa, Naana, Atman, and Pappa had a wonderful Diwali together. And although the 4 day holiday was dotted with unwanted shopping trips and meetings with folks, I was just glad to have this time together with loved ones.

Then Pappa moved to San Francisco. For work. 

It gave me an idea of what it will feel like when Beckett gets married or... when I die. Only that Beckett is not getting married and I am not dying. But the pain of separation is tremendous, especially for Missus and for my mother. 

So the last 10 odd days, I've been a long distance Pappa who talks to Beckett over video calls (Thank God for Google Duo)

It is a tough many months ahead for Pappa and everyone back in Mumbai. But I think this is for everybody's best, looking at the future.

Beckett now speaks in sentences, says 'Haa' (Yes) in addition to the customary 'Na', and continues to scare us by injuring herself every now and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment